- Tapping screws belong to the thread-moulding screw family. When screwed into a pre-prepared core hole, these screws shape their own counter-thread.
- Guideline values for selecting the correct core hole diameter are contained in DIN 7975.
- Shape C = thread with tip
- Shape F = thread without tip
- Shape R = thread with rounded tip
Self-tapping screws made from stainless steels are softer than those made from case-hardening steel. These screws are therefore not able to form a counter thread in steel plates. For this reason, they should only be used in soft materials, such as aluminium.
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!