For detailed information, other images and documents, please select individual articles from the following table.
Spot weld drill bit DIN 1897 Solid carbide multi-performance
The universal high-performance spot weld drill bit for loosening spot welds on all bodywork panels including ultra high-strength components (BTR, BOR etc.) on all kinds of vehicles, e.g. on A-pillars, B-pillars, sills etc.
Exclusively for registered customers
Register now and access more than 20,000 products
Tool geometry with 4 cutting edges for the most demanding work without compromising
Extremely high cutting performance
Up to 100% faster compared to conventional solid carbide spot weld drills with 3 cutting edges
Up to 100% higher service life compared to conventional solid carbide spot weld drills
Significantly fewer brittle centring points compared to conventional solid carbide spot weld drills
Optimum drilling behaviour due to
very good centring on the spot weld
MAGMA multi-layer coating
- High oxidation and thermal stability (up to 800°C operating temperature)
- Very hard and wear-resistant (hardness approx. 3,500 HV)
- Up to 9-times longer service life compared to uncoated spot weld drills
- Up to 2-times longer service life compared to conventional coatings, e.g. TiN
3-face shank for faster, more comfortable working with hand-held drills
- No movement in the drill chuck
- Optimum transmission of forces
- Protection of the drill chuck from damage
- Little effort required to open and close the drill chuck
- Not for use in pneumatic machines (e.g. Vario drill, Spitznagel etc.)
- Do not use in drills with an impact chuck or spindles
Suitable for use in drills with 3-jaw chuck
- The solid carbide material is extremely hard, making it very brittle and prone to breaking if not handled correctly.
- Position the drill bit precisely and at a right angle. Position the cutter in the centre first, then drill applying even contact pressure
- Avoid hard attachment as well as lateral impacts and dropping of the drill under all circumstances
- Use coolants/lubricants if possible
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!