For detailed information, other images and documents, please select individual articles from the following table.
Twist drill HSS DIN 338 SMART STEP
The manually operated high-performance drill with unique SMART STEP technology (from dia. 2.5 mm) for high-precision circular drill holes in steel up to 1000 N/mm2, aluminium, plastic, non-ferrous metals, hard and soft wood.
Exclusively for registered customers
Register now and access more than 20,000 products
The original SMART STEP: First twist drill bit with stepped drill bit tip geometry (from dia. 2.5 mm)
Precise circular holes
Extremely convenient drilling
- Saves pre-drilling, precise spot drilling without running off centre
- Tilted drilling possible
- Simple drilling or enlarging of an existing drill hole
Significantly quicker than conventional ground twist drill bits
Perfect for drilling out rivets and stud bolts
The first twist drill bit to enable precise hand-guided drilling up to dia. 20 mm without pre-drilling, and when used on a drill press even allows precise drilling up to dia. 26.5 mm without pre-drilling
From drill diameter > 13.0 mm, shank reduced to dia. 12.7 mm for use in all common 3-jaw drill chucks
3-face shank (from dia. 4 mm)
- No twisting in the drill chuck: faster, more comfortable working
- Optimum transmission of forces
- Protection of the drill chuck from damage
- Little effort required to open and close the drill chuck
Sustainable product packaging made of 100% PCR (recycled plastic from household waste), 100% recyclable and Cradle to Cradle Certified® Bronze
For blind bores, please note the extended drill tip (see dimension l3)!
Cutting values are documented in ranges (ie: 1.0 mm - 1.9 mm, 2.0 mm - 2.4 mm, 5.0mm - 6.2 mm, 6.3 mm - 7.9 mm)
- Perfect for rivet holes, drilling out stud bolts, for drilling sheet metal and thin-walled profile materials (e.g. aluminium/window profiles).
- High quality of drill holes and significantly longer service life compared to conventional twist wood drill bits for drilling holes in wood.
- Ideal for high-precision, comfortable and quick work in solid materials (e.g. in steel with strength of up to 1000 N/mm², aluminium and plastics).
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!